Monday, January 13, 2014

Colored Ice Cubes for the Snow!


I love finding new and fun things for Miss A and me to do during the day. 
I saw this activity at Growing a Jeweled Rose. She calls them ice sculptures, I thought colored ice cubes was more fitting for what we did with them. 

For this activity you will need;

a muffin pan
food coloring
water

I filled my muffin tin with water, add the food coloring and put it in the freezer over night. The next morning we headed out to play in the snow with them. 
Ava played with it for about an hour. She liked to burying the ice cubes and then finding them. 

Later when we were finished playing outside I left them to melt in the sink. Ava found them after quiet time and played with them for another hour in the sink. She probably would have done so longer, but the last of it had melted.  

Playing in the snow with the colored ice cubes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment