Sunday, August 25, 2013

What...The Hail?


Yesterday we spent the day at he Dinosaur park in Ogden. Ava woke up in the morning asking to go, we think she meant the Utah Museum of Natural History, but this was closer.


When I pulled out my phone to take pictures, Ava said "put that away, no pictures". I took some anyway, someday she will thank me. At least that is what I am telling myself.
*As we were digging for fools gold, I wanted to stop Ava and tell her it's worth very little to prevent the heart break in a few years. 

We rock roar at family photos


One the way home we decided to stop at the store and by the time we got there Ava was out. Bryce headed into the store and I waited in the car. I looked out the window and saw a few dark clouds and then checked my phone. A friend had posted about a quick micro burst that happened. No sooner had I looked up to see raindrops on the window. Suddenly out of nowhere it was hailing, the wind was roaring and our car rocking back and fourth. The noise woke up Ava and she mentioned she was scared, so I climbed in the backseat with her and secretly I was too. Normally I love storms but not when my car is rocking and carts are tipping over. Bryce came out soon and the storm mellowed, by the time we got home the rain was sprinkling. After a minutes it started to rain a little more and I asked Ava if she wanted to go play in the rain. She was hesitant at first but was okay once we got her hello kitty hat and umbrella. We splashed, laughed, giggled and raced through puddles.
The floating umbrella


She "had" to take off her shoes to play in the water. 
Ava Heard Thunder and was very concerned. 



1 comment :