Thursday, April 18, 2013

Birthdays Are Specials!

I think that Birthdays are special. They should be fun and full of laughter. Little miss Ava turned three on the 12. I feel like it just sneaked up on me. I am not sure where the time has gone but I am so glad that she is mine. 
*I failed to take any good pictures. 
We decided to have a Minnie mouse party. Here are the invitations, ears and the decor I went with. 
 
FYI... These ears and the next few were really hard to make, once I had it figured out, it was easy.
 I made this super cute banner for Ava, with the help of a cricut machine of course.I also made the cake and just covered it in sprinkles. I loved making the bows for the the banner, ears and cake. 




I got the super cute straws at pick your plum. I found the drinkers wrappers at http://catchmyparty.com/blog/free-mickey-minnie-mouse-birthday-party-printables-from-printabelle .
The games we played were, freeze dance, pin the bow on Minnie and colored a Mickey or Minnie page.
We also had light up balloons.


Bryce got a 3D printer awhile ago and wanted to make Mickey mouse mold for the cake. 



The Birthday girl refused to take pictures, but I did snap one of her picking her nose 

She thought it was funny to put the Minnie ears on Bryce 


Andrew helped her blow out the candles.
Ava came out of her room, wearing this during the party. It was so cute. She is defiantly her own person. 

We put these up the night before she went to bed, so they would fall on her when she opened the door on her birthday. She was a little confused and excited all at the same time. 

The next day our friend had her little girls party, it was tinker bell themed. Ava played with her wings for awhile but then decided to dress up as a pirate. I just love this photo

Before Ava's party I was thinking we needed to find something that was a first for her. I never did come up with anything. On the 13 we went to our friend b-day party and then to a wedding. On the home we decided to stop by a McDonald's to grab dinner. As we were finishing up Ava fell off her chair and hit her head on another. Bryce picked her up and then I grabbed her. I went to check if she had a bump only to realize my hand was covered in blood. 
Bryce went for Napkins and a couple in the play area kept reassuring me that head wounds bleed worse then they really are (they had ten kids) . I know they that they were trying to help. But in the moment I just wanted them to shut up as I figured out what to do. Ava would not let us get a look at it, so we decided to head to our friends house, who lived down the street. As long as we didn't talk about the head or look at the wound Ava was fine. Bryce had to hold her as I rinsed. I about freaked when I saw it. As calm as I could, I said we are going to the ER. Steph agreed and Vance was just saying how cool it was.

At the hospital Ava repeatably told us to take her home and got upset anytime a doctor or nurse came in the room. We tried to numb her wound but she was having none of it, after discussing the options, we decided that doing the staples without numbing would be the best option. It was easily the most traumatic experience for the three of us as a family. By then it was 10, (she was tired) they wrapped her in a sheet, held her down cleaned the wound and grabbed the staple gun and I walked out. She got two staples. We left put her in the car and she was fast asleep. we talked about what happened in the morning and that we needed to keep it clean. She only acknowledges her wound when we clean it or during bath time.

This experience was a first and one of those moments that remind me that I am a mom. As a friend put it a real mom moment, there are moments in parent hood that make us realize that we really are parents.   


1 comment :

  1. happy birthday to miss ava!! Poor girl.. last year Nellie had to get 3 stitches on her cheek. they put her in some kind of strait jacket and then the sheet and two nurses held her and another held her head.. I could even imagine getting staples with out anything to help. what a trooper!

    ReplyDelete