Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Very Existence of Super Mom

I had a whole blog post written that I have been working on for a few weeks that is some how gone. I was just working on it and then it was gone... It was about Super Mom.
Have you ever read a blog or website that states "I am Super Mom"? I haven't, so here is your chance to say you have seen it on a blog. I am super mom! Who am I kidding? I know and you know that Super Mom doesn't exist.

I love this picture for so many reasons.
 It truly captured how we both felt in the moment. 


I feel that lately, I have read articles about simplifying our lives (most of these are geared towards stay at home moms). In numerous of these articles it says super mom doesn't exist. They have clearly observed she does not. Yet I hear, read and am told in these same articles about websites where someone is super mom. In these articles someone is assuming someone else is pretending to be super mom. I ask again have you read a blog where some mother thinks she is super mom? I sure haven't. If you have, please share. 

You know what I have read about? People who share there talents, they are great at cooking, crafting, doing fun activities with their kids and so on (I am going to refer to these types of blogs as happy blogs). You know what else I have read? I have read on blogs about people who are dedicated to writing about the struggles they are going through.Some included infertility, divorce, single moms, someone that is single, living with depression or grieving something (I am going to refer to these as tough blogs). You know what the happy blogs and tough blogs have in common? They are writing about something they love, about their life and things that happen. They get to choose what they share. Some people are open to sharing difficulties some are not. BOTH options are okay. Heck you may even have a blog or website that dose not fit into happy or tough blogs and that is okay.  

Now that I have admitted that. I will say sometimes I avoid reading blogs, take breaks from pinterest and even Facebook. Why? Because it leaves me feeling bad about myself all the things I am not doing. Guess what that is okay. I choose if I am going to read those blogs or websites. I choose to get on Facebook. These are all my choices. I use to think people posted only the great things in their life and that they didn't have problems. I was clearly wrong because everyone has something. I use to refer to those blogs as super mommy blogs and I wished I could be more like them. Always happy, doing things with my kid, exercising, making great health meals and the list could go on.

I am that mom, I am the super mom I thought all those other people were. I found this out a hard way. I post lots of fun things I do as a stay at home mom. I post them to Facebook, instagram and blog about them. Well a few months back, a college friend from Snow sent me a text saying she deleted me from Facebook. I asked why, and she responded with "you always have so much fun and post about all these great things you do and it makes me feel bad". Talk about a knife to the heart. I never intended to give an impression that I live a perfect life; but to someone that is exactly what I was doing.  

I have my own set of trials and struggles. Some people are open about these kinds of things. I am somewhere in the middle. If you ask, and I know you well enough, I will tell you. I, however am not okay with posting it on my blog for everyone to read. Maybe one day I will be, but I currently am not. And that is okay. So does it make me a super mom because I don't blog about all the crap in my life? Absolutely not, she doesn't exist.     

No comments :

Post a Comment