Monday, January 20, 2014

Monster Cookie Dough

This is by far one of my favorite treats ever! I take this almost ever time I am asked to bring a treat. This is perfect for a Super Bowl Party and Valentines Day or anytime really. 
Best.Treat.Ever! 
 Recipe
-1  8oz package of cream cheese softened
-1/2 cup butter softened
-1 cup creamy peanut butter
-1-2 cups powered sugar depending on how thick you want it
-3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
-1/4 cup all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-2 1/2 cups rolled oats ( I usually do three, because i love the texture)
-1 cup M&Ms (if a is holiday coming up I used the holiday M&M's)
-1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips ( I like to use the mini ones for this)
- some times I will add toasted coconut

Directions
1.) With a hand mixer beat butter, cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
2.) Add powered sugar, brown sugar, flour and vanilla.  
3.) Use a wooden spoon to mix in oats, chocolate chips and and M&Ms.
4.) For me it is a must serve it in something cute.
5.) Serve with apples or pretzels

I originally found this recipe at this website the girl who ate everything and have adapted it to what I prefer.  Both recipes are pretty close and mine was inspired by hers so it's only fair I give her credit.

*Be sure to mention to parents and expecting moms that it does not have egg in it. 

1 comment :