Friday, January 3, 2014

Stocking Holder

The stocking were hung by the chimney with glee... 
I guess I missed the memo about having a fireplace...
We obviously don't have one in our tiny apartment.

So I went to the one and only source (pinterest) to find stocking holders... 
Naturally I found lots of DIY ones. I really liked this one...

As a side note I am not sure why people say,
that they have scrap wood laying around. 
I most certainly don't. Whenever I see a wood craft I want to make.
I have to go buy it at home depot and they even cut it for me. 
I spent $15.00 to make my stocking holder. 

I bought some stencils and  a white paint pen (to write Christmas) at Micheal's.
I also bought red,white and green paint there. 
We bought the wood at home depot  and the screws.
Oh and some cheap knobs from ^there as well.
I already had some hooks for the back. 


I am one of those people who see's a craft and wants it to look 
just how I saw it and envisioned it. Neither of those really happen (ever).

 Would you just look at this ^... sigh.. I thought I had ruined my craft. 
The blog that I got the idea from, she free handed the word Christmas.
I have horrible handwriting.  
I stressed about that from the moment I read it. 
I attempted it and then I tried to fix it and then fix it again... 
It was a disaster... But then I realized I could flip over the two r's and y.
I had already repainted the m and e... So I flipped it repainted it. Then I got smart and traced the word Christmas with a pencil. (Clearly I should have done that the first time).

and then it looked like this. 
It is the perfect imperfection... 



No comments :

Post a Comment