Thursday, January 2, 2014

Health

This pudgy mommy, is losing the pudgy! About a month ago we were at one of Bryce's doctor appointments going over test results and deciding what the next step is to try and help with the vertigo, headaches and occasional migraines. The doctor suggest that Bryce lose some weight and shared his own experience of getting back into shape. We came home and talked about the changes we would be making. Our next step was to set up and appointment with a dietitian, which we did. After meeting with her we cleaned out most of the crap food and have kept it out since.

We have both committed to making the changes for ourselves, each other and the little miss. It has been so fun to be there to encourage one another. It has been hard, we have had our ornery days and been there to support one another. Bryce has done a much better job at sticking with out diet plan. I have been better about going to the gym. To Bryce's defense he is limited to what he can do, on the days his vertigo and headaches are acting up.

I have been working out for almost a year but it was not consistently and my diet was horrible. In January I joined a gym and have made some awesome friends to help keep me on track. Since I have rededicated myself to go to the gym Monday- Friday and most Saturdays, I feel so much better. Changing my diet has really helped. We have both shredded some pounds and are looking forward to making even more healthy changes.
If you are looking for a gym, Lady Fitness is awesome. The best part for me is that I volunteer in the daycare two hours a week and get free day care for Ava. I also love the classes they offer pump, extreme biking and kick booty are my favorite. 
Here are five things that have really helped us stick with living a healthier lifestyle.

1.) Having a support system
2.) Logging our food and exercise into my fitness pal. It counts calories and everything for you.
3.) Checking calories per a serving size if it's not veggies or fruit.
4.) Our main dishes for our meals are now veggies
4.) We now have lots of whole grain, whole wheat and reduces fat products (bread, tortillas, pasta, cottage cheese, cheese) and the carbs are limited to what our body needs.

No comments :

Post a Comment