Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Snow Date

This year it was my turn to plan our Anniversary Date. 
I had the hardest time coming up with stuff for us to do with a super tight budget. 
I guess the The Dating Divas knew. Not really but they just happened 
to post a "Snow date" activity to Facebook.

It was perfect. I love the snow, Bryce loves the snow.
I had to make a few adjustments, because the snow outside was the yucky dirty stuff. 
Well that and Bryce's Vertigo has been bad. So I didn't want to do anything super crazy.

I put the Christmas stuff away the morning of the date. 
But left the tree and these cute snow flakes on it. Which are ironically from our wedding.


For the indoor Snow Date we;
Ate "Snow Angels" 
Built a Snowman
Had a "Snowsock" fight 

I was so excited, I went to print off the printables for the date. 
It was my lucky day the colored ink was emptied. Dang it! 
I thought about running to the store 
only to remember we currently only have one car. Which he had... 

It was only a day before so I went through my scrapbooking stuff.
As a result I made a super amazing invitation and Card.  

The top and bottom left are the invitation.The middle and right side is the card I made for him.
I may have gone a little overboard but I had so much fun making them.  And of course the bucket is full of  "snowsocks" snowballs.  

For the card I got computer paper and glued different scrapbooking paper to it. I put a little card on the front. On the inside I listed his best qualities A to Z.  I used a few sparkling stickers every few words.
Instead of putting Bryce is at the top I put "stinker" which is a nick name we both use for each other...   

On the invitation, which I gave to him the day before our date.  
I used some brown scrapbooking paper and glued others to it. 
I cut out a mitten and wrote the date, time and place of the date. 
On the front I put a note saying 
"Baby it's cold, so take my hand to hold, lets celebrate our love with a snow date".   

I used a  angel shaped cookie cutter to shape the ice cream used for the "Snow Angels". Aren't they just so special??.. He thought they were cute. 
 The Amazing snowman is something I made for Ava out of foam. I got the idea from Growingajeweledrose. But we are kids at heart so we used it. She was busy playing at Grandmas so she clearly did not miss it.  

After the snow date, we made dinner. Which consisted of steak, Smashed Bake Potatoes, broccoli and cream soda in our wine glasses (he was in charge of dinner). Of course it was a candle light dinner. I know it is "surprising" but I didn't get any picture of the food or table. 

After dinner we decided go see the movie Austanland. It didn't start until 9:20 pm so we snuggled and watched Once Upon a Time until we needed to go. Bryce was one of five guys in the theater and had to control himself from gagging the entire movie.. I know he secretly loved it.     






No comments :

Post a Comment